TG-5 Water Drops Under Seals

Started Jul 28, 2018 | Questions thread
peterak Regular Member • Posts: 133
Re: TG-5 Water Drops Under Seals

MiroslavaJ33 wrote:

My camera TG5 was working without problems. Then just when the warranty expired half way through snorkl the actual display completely fogged up.

This means nothing. As discussed elsewhere on the forum, the display will fog up from humid air trapped inside the camera. It often happens to me here in humid Hawaii. All I do is store the camera with doors open in a dehumidified environment for a day or so and the problem goes away--until I let more humid air in.

When I talk to them they say I have to replace the seals every single year for $185.00.

Not required, just recommended. I had a TG1 that is still waterproof after seven years of snorkeling. (I've given it away.) Also a TG3 that is still going strong after several years of snorkeling and a rafting trip down the Colorado River through the Grand Canyon. (Also given away.)

There wasn't a drop inside the 2 compartment doors. So I don't believe water got inside that way.

I agree.

My TG5 is still going strong after two years, hundreds (YES!) of snorkel outings and several dives as deep as 70 feet. I recently left it on the roof of my car, from which it slid off onto the highway—is it badly scuffed, but still works perfectly above and below water. This is just my experience. Maybe the posters above are unlucky, or maybe I (and my good friend who also has a TG5) am just lucky. The series has been bulletproof for me.

-- hide signature --

Peter

peterak's gear list:peterak's gear list
Sony RX100 V Olympus TG-5 Nikon 1 J5 +1 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow