Loving this new camera, G9

Started 2 months ago | Photos thread
OP liquidsquid Senior Member • Posts: 1,798
Re: People on these forums are a bit spoiled

Now that the price is "right", the buyer's guide needs updating IMHO. I have a hard time believing this camera is't anywhere to be seen on the recommended list.

I was messing around with the dog and the family throwing her crackers (the dog, not my wife) and taking various types of action shots with lousy lighting in the snow and wind. Tons of great shots to work with, but the dog is terrible at catching food in her yap. Fish crackers were bouncing off her head, in her ear, off her nose... but got a great one with one just before her mouth though a tad blurry from the lousy light and slower shutter. Still, with ISO1600 and a non-action lens (12-60mm kit) it was a shot which would have otherwise required amazing luck to capture on the GH-2 or a fat dog with lots of time. It was FB shareable.

Instead we spent time sorting through the pictures together laughing at the silly dog expressions as her eyes tracked the fish into the leaves when she missed.

I am "that guy" who obsesses over his technical purchases and wonders what kind of images I would have gotten with a FF camera. Especially the star shots I tried to make a few nights ago. Then I look at what it would have cost me to do so. So yes, still loving the G9, the price, features, performance, and kit size is just right for me.

-- hide signature --

My pictures...
{Whoops, dead link!}

liquidsquid's gear list:liquidsquid's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Panasonic Lumix DC-G9
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow