Recommendations for my first (possible) DSLR investment?

Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
p0ppyman
p0ppyman Contributing Member • Posts: 608
Re: Recommendations for my first (possible) DSLR investment?

khunpapa wrote:

Good that you leave.

You don't get the point? There's no investment in Photography-as-the-hobby.

The more you pay in the beginner stage, the more sorrow you'll get when you're bored with this hobby.

Photography is the lost-lost business. You get only a [brief] moment of joyfullness. So why suggest the beginner to 'invest' a large sum of money to this hobby, buying thet best .. aka the most expensive, when he is not sure he will be enthusiat or not.

It's his money that he has to pay. So you don't feel any guilty at all whether he'll lost this large sum in the future?

Actually while  you are 100% entitled to your opinion and contribute as you see fit as this is a public forum, IMO you do not get the point.

An investment is simply the distribution of funds with the expectation of some benefit. It does not need to be monetary. Benefit can represent many things.

This applies to photography as a hobby and all other interests and endeavors in life if you keep an open mind.

But I totally respect a person's right to be closed minded and live their life as they see fit.

That's the beauty of this forum everyone gets to show their true colors in more than just their photographs!

-- hide signature --

Bill Poplawski (Photographer)
San Mateo, CA 94402
~ there is beauty in every face ~
https://www.billpoplawskiphotography.com

p0ppyman's gear list:p0ppyman's gear list
Canon EOS 6D Fujifilm X-T1 Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Tokina AT-X Pro 100mm f/2.8 Macro Canon EF 70-200mm F2.8L IS II USM +8 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow