The Missing Program Mode

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
Fogel70
Fogel70 Senior Member • Posts: 1,292
Re: The Missing Program Mode

Tom_N wrote:

Fogel70 wrote:

TacticDesigns wrote:

As the aperture closes down to f/5.6, I want the camera to increase the ISO value so that although less light is coming in because of the smaller ratio of the aperture, I end up with a JPG that is the same brightness because the camera is increasing ISO to brighten up the picture to the same level.

What would the exact set-up of the Pentax dSLR be to achieve this without using any auto exposure mode.

If the camera automatically adjust exposure, you are in auto exposure mode. What you want is an auto exposure mode, but one that is disconnected from the metering in the camera.

You've just described what the Auto Exposure Lock button does. All that is missing is a simple mechanical lock ("click to hold; click again to release").

That is basically how metering in manual mode works on my Pentax cameras. You press the green button for the camera to adjust exposure after the metering, and the exposure will be locked until next press of the green button.

Fogel70's gear list:Fogel70's gear list
Samsung GX-10 Pentax K-7 Sony Alpha NEX-7 Sony a7 Pentax K-3 II +17 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
jnd
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow