XF-10 auto focus problems - are they real?

Started 6 months ago | Questions thread
Smallpox
Smallpox Regular Member • Posts: 364
Re: XF-10 auto focus problems - are they real?

roedj wrote:

I am very interested in acquiring a Fuji XF-10. It satisfies, at at least according to the specs, most of my needs (I do wish it had a tiltable screen). My main concern is the auto focus. I have watched several reviews on youtube and they're all over the place when it comes to auto focus. Some claim there's no problem and others say that it drove them crazy.

I don't understand the lack of consistency in these reviews. How can the review of the auto focus range from OK to awful? Does Fuji have a quality control issue? Even those who used the SNAPSHOT mode claim that they're not happy with the result.

Does anyone have any idea as to what's going on here? I'm having a hard time believing it's all operator error.

As always, thanks for your time and help.

Dan

It really is like a phone camera with all the limitations of such. Handling is great however. Having used it quite a lot in the meantime, in the most challenging situation, shooting through the windscreen while driving in a thunderstorm, late night social events, night street scenes.... I will limit its use to night time photography of static scenes. The rest failed miserably... In daylight there are other small cameras that offer much more possibilities such as my LX5

Of course it produces razor sharp images in good light, but you gotta work on your shutter-press technique, like in the good old days 

-- hide signature --

Only drummers can travel in time

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow