Re: not terribly afraid of f/8 on my 2500

Dak on cam wrote:

Jon_T wrote:

Dak on cam wrote:

Jon_T wrote:

Dak on cam wrote:

Jon_T wrote:

Dak on cam wrote:

f:8 is diffraction domain on the 1/2.33" sensor of a DMC-FZ200 and its small-sensor cousins. On an 1" sensor, you'd be on f:16 at least for comparable softness. ...

Where did you 'read' this? Provide link?

This implies that I am parroting something I read rather than having workable knowledge....

I don't take info from any 'single' source carte blanche. Read some of your other wordy posts that info accuracy was questionable.

Sorry, I do not have any form of ESP to determine one's creditable/ workable knowledge from a post.

<SNIP>

I was referring to the f/8 for /2.3" sensor and f/16 for 1"-Type Sensor values—rest is just technical gibberish without link/ backup to substantiate.

If you are allergic to technical gibberish, ...

Allergic no, just boring (usually ends up irrelevant) when overly wordy. I'm a firm believer in KISS.

... I could not provide an acceptable reference for you anyway. ...

Then that would be 'MY' problem (providing providing site in English), and you would have easily answered my question with ONE post, thus eliminating all your subsequent posts.

From these shots, (and my own FZ80 experiences) using apertures smaller than f/5.6 in hopes of greater DOF will obliterate IQ .

The FZ80 is a 1/2.3" sensor design.

Well, and the thread was about using f:8 on an FZ2500, so your f:8 experience on an FZ80 is not relevant to the thread since the FZ80 is a 1/2.3" sensor design. ...

Ah ... reread the series of posts to see that YOU are the one that first mentioned 1/2.3" sensor; FF sensor, etc. of non-relevant items to OP's post or my first reply to you.

Just using the FZ80 as a EXAMPLE as to IQ lost due to diffraction with a 1/2.3" sensor camera prior to f/8 in reply to your: "... f:8 is diffraction domain on the 1/2.3" sensor ..."; as if degradable IQ diffraction begins at f/8 with ALL 1/2.3" sensor cameras.

If you go back to my FIRST reply I was ASKING where you got the f/8 and f/16 values, as I was questing the validity NOT complaining.

If you are convinced that the relation of diffraction to sensor size is the same for small and large sensors, what do you make of lenses for 1/2.3" sensors generally stopping at f:8 while lenses for full-frame cameras often go to f:22?

Not at all. Another one of your misinterpretations of what I've posted, hence no viable reason to continue on exchanging posts.

Jon_T's gear list:Jon_T's gear list
Panasonic FZ1000 Panasonic LX100 Panasonic ZS100 Canon EOS 6D Canon EOS 70D +18 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Boo
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow