XF-10 auto focus problems - are they real?

Started 6 months ago | Questions thread
norman shearer Senior Member • Posts: 1,172
Re: It's more like a little extra stability really comes in handy...

Ben Herrmann wrote:

...as you age. I used to be able to keep a camera rock steady - but as of late, I find that more difficult, unless I pull the camera tight in front of me (with the camera strap around my neck). Now I do have a few cameras that do not have IS (like the Canon EOS M series with some of their primes), and do pull that camera out tight in front of me - which works to a degree. But for anything future - in particular, for street cameras with built-in fixed lenses, I prefer IS and that's where the Ricoh GR III may come in handy.

I see. I've used the tight neck strap trick myself from time to time. When I had the Nikon V1 at a horse trials event I mounted it on a monopod and rammed that down the front of my coat and stretched it out tight and panned the horses as they rode by. Got me some shots at very low shutter speed that were crisp where it counted and they looked like they were really galloping at high speed.

Were it not for me getting the XF10 I would've probably picked up a GR II. GR III price has to come down some before that's on my radar and only if I tire of the XF10.

norman shearer's gear list:norman shearer's gear list
Samsung EX2F Nikon Coolpix A Sony RX1R Fujifilm X30 Sony RX100 IV +8 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow