The Missing Program Mode

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
TacticDesigns
OP TacticDesigns Veteran Member • Posts: 6,204
Re: The Missing Program Mode

quadrox wrote:

I like it, but I don't think it's ever going to happen...

+1

Thanks for the reply.

I kinda suspect the same thing.

But . . . it solves a real problem I have.

Trying to shoot my daughters at competitons with a variable aperture lens.

But I think this could solve a lot of other problems as well.

Too complicated for anyone but the most advanced users.

I don't consider myself an advanced user.

I just know about ISO, aperture and shutter speed.

And I know that when I am shooting sports with a variable aperture lens and trying to shoot manual exposure . . . the fact that the aperture ratio changes as I zoom throws a wrench into getting the most out of my camera. LOL.

But for those that want to squeeze the most out of their hardware . . . this could be a way to do it.

And it doesn't involve any new technology (sensor enhancement or better lenses.) It's just fine tuning what is already there.

I guess the other way I look at it is, if there were a way to download these "apps" to your camera (via. your cellphone) and there is a way to fine tune the set-up of the program in-camera . . . like for my Cheer competition program, be able to change the end brightness (ISO range) because different venues will have different powered lights . . . then the shooter doesn't need to know what ISO, aperture or shutter speed is. Just download the program and play with the brightness until they get good looking pictures.

Take care & Happy Shooting!

-- hide signature --
 TacticDesigns's gear list:TacticDesigns's gear list
Fujifilm XP80 Nikon D5100 Pentax Q Nikon D750 Pentax *ist DS +9 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
jnd
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow