Robin Wong's 12-200 review is out

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
spike29 Senior Member • Posts: 1,842
Re: Robin Wong's 12-200 review is out

geepondy wrote:

I would love/hope to see this as well. I'm a new GX9 owner and one thing I found I'm already quite tired of is walking around on hikes/nature walks and swapping out the kit 12-60 and 45-150. The 14-140 looks promising although the kit 12-60 is very sharp and wonder if the 14-140 could match that within the respective focal ranges.

14-140mmii does very well. even the Wide angle and full zoom are still good. NOT weather sealed sadly. (But most people don't care about that.) It's made dual IS2 compatible by firmware update.

Now the new Olympus 12-200 looks interesting but assuming image quality is acceptable, one big turnoff is that you are already at f6 by 100mm.

And i suppose you need to stopdown a bit at the end so minimum is F7.1?

Interesting concept indeed but i hope it's as good as your combo otherwise it is as the 45-200mm very handy but not a fast seller.

Plus I assume the Panasonic 14-140 with lens IS on a Panasonic body is going to give better total IS then the 12-200 which would rely on the camera IS only.

4thnebula wrote:

Very helpful would be comparison to competition like the Panasonic 14-140 (which I have and have used a lot) and Sony RX10 iv.

Example: Would it be worth upgrading from 14-140 to 12-200 just for the long end and better sharpness.

-- hide signature --

knowledge is addictive, every time i get some i want more.....
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(If i can remember 1/1000 of everything i learned/read in the past i will be happy as a monky with........)

spike29's gear list:spike29's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix F70EXR Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Panasonic G85 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-140mm F3.5-5.6 O.I.S Panasonic Leica 12-60mm F2.8-4.0 ASPH +1 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow