XF-10 auto focus problems - are they real?

Started 6 months ago | Questions thread
Ben Herrmann
Ben Herrmann Forum Pro • Posts: 20,577
Well...

...I'm just rendering an opinion here.  Some of the finest images I've ever taken over the past 2.5 decades have been with cameras who may have received less than favorable reviews with regards to AF or other factors.  In the case of reviews, it is often the case (IMO) that reviewers tend to focus their own individual priorities on a given camera model - i.e. whether that be for video or still photography features.

It all depends on what your priorities are here.  Are you more of a still photography photographer, or are you more video oriented?  Are you more of a general photography or a speed (sports, etc) oriented person?  The answers to these will set you in the right direction for the camera (at a given price-point) that may suit your needs.

As I mentioned earlier, if the XF10 had IS, I would have gotten it already because I'm (still) looking for the ideal street camera.  The only model on the market today that has IS is the Ricoh GR III.  I love how the color renderings look that are coming from that GR III.  But damnnnnnnn, $900 for that little camera and the accessories are ridiculously priced.  I'll just have to wait and see if I wind up getting that in the future.

-- hide signature --

Life can be good - if you allow it!
Bernd ("Ben") Herrmann
Fuquay Varina, North Carolina USA

Ben Herrmann's gear list:Ben Herrmann's gear list
Olympus XZ-1 Fujifilm X20 Samsung EX2F Fujifilm X30 Panasonic FZ1000 +20 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow