Robin Wong's 12-200 review is out

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
geepondy Senior Member • Posts: 2,197
Re: Robin Wong's 12-200 review is out

I would love/hope to see this as well.  I'm a new GX9 owner and one thing I found I'm already quite tired of is walking around on hikes/nature walks and swapping out the kit 12-60 and 45-150.  The 14-140 looks promising although the kit 12-60 is very sharp and wonder if the 14-140 could match that within the respective focal ranges.

Now the new Olympus 12-200 looks interesting but assuming image quality is acceptable, one big turnoff is that you are already at f6 by 100mm.  Plus I assume the Panasonic 14-140 with lens IS on a Panasonic body is going to give better total IS then the 12-200 which would rely on the camera IS only.

4thnebula wrote:

Very helpful would be comparison to competition like the Panasonic 14-140 (which I have and have used a lot) and Sony RX10 iv.

Example: Would it be worth upgrading from 14-140 to 12-200 just for the long end and better sharpness.

geepondy's gear list:geepondy's gear list
Canon PowerShot S100 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Canon PowerShot G15 Canon PowerShot G7 X Canon G7 X II
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow