GR III AE + AFL Lock changed as well as MF

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Tim Cadman Regular Member • Posts: 135
GR III AE + AFL Lock changed as well as MF

Wow, I am quite disappointed with the removal of using these functions with ease. Why on earth would you make it more difficult is beyond me.

I’ll address AEL first. Before the APSC GR - GRD series you could assign a button to AEL press it and it was locked for good. Shoot shoot shoot and it was locked until you pressed that button again to release it. On the GR APSC you would press in the assigned AEL button shoot shoot shoot and it would be locked as well until released. Same thing with AFL on GR APSC I & II. And even combined if you wanted

Those days are gone my friends. Now you can assign 1 of 3 buttons to either AEL or AEL/AFL. AFL alone is gone and not an option now. The work around now is that you have to keep your finger pressed on that button at the same time your other finger is busy depressing the shutter button to keep it locked. If you should let go of that button - that lock is bye bye. What is the point in that? Who thought that was a good idea?

When using MF - to change your distance you have to spin the wheel on the back like the first generation iPod. It’s like trying to scroll through ALL YOUR MUSIC to get from Aerosmith to ZZ Top. What the F...  Before you could press up and down on the back and get to where you needed manually pretty fast. Now it’s basically worthless. Wow Wow Wow.

I might have to return this. Anyone else expericed with GR cams to chime in. Most newbies will say - “Well if you don’t like it then get a different camera” and that would be an ignorant thing to say.

Hey Ricoh, lets make it even better by making it a zoom lens and getting rid of Snap focus all together. Way to go ruining those functions and removing the flash for that silly stabalizer for people that drink too much coffee and suffer from shaky hands. I can get a sharp shot at 1/5 of a second.

Ricoh GR II Ricoh GR III
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow