XF-10 auto focus problems - are they real?

Started 6 months ago | Questions thread
Ben Herrmann
Ben Herrmann Forum Pro • Posts: 20,593
This subject, in general, drives me bonkers at times...

Considering that the majority of photographers tend to confine themselves to general photographic scenarios - that is, scenics, architectural, some special events, and portraits, the majority of cameras on the market today, whether entry-level or medium level, are all capable of excellent AF performance.

The XF10 is no different.  Now it would be obvious (at least I think so) that cameras like the XF10 or the entry level interchangeable lens X-A series, are designed more for general photography scenarios.  Now if you're looking for a competent sports or motor-sports camera, the XF10 would not be one of your choices - yet some folks will purchase models like these and then b-i-t-c-h and moan about the AF not being able to keep up.  Folks have to keep these things in perspective.

Having said that, if you use these cameras within their designed performance parameters, you will be rewarded with some absolutely superb results.  Try to use them like a, errrrrr, ahhhhhh - a Nikon D5 or D500, or the Canon 1D series, well, you'll be absolutely disappointed.

I've seen some really great output from the XF10 - and in the end, isn't that what matters?  I personally would have gotten one, but I need IS capabilities.  That's why for me personally, I may, in the near future look at the Ricoh GR III, who knows.

-- hide signature --

Life can be good - if you allow it!
Bernd ("Ben") Herrmann
Fuquay Varina, North Carolina USA

Ben Herrmann's gear list:Ben Herrmann's gear list
Panasonic FZ1000 Fujifilm X30 Olympus E-330 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1 Olympus OM-D E-M5 +17 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow