XF-10 auto focus problems - are they real?

Started 6 months ago | Questions thread
norman shearer Senior Member • Posts: 1,171
Re: XF-10 auto focus problems - are they real?

I have XF10 but tbh I do not use AF often. I got camera for sensor and snapshot mode for shooting street. I'm very happy with snapshot mode.  Also metering is very seldom wrong - I find myself not using exposure comp to anything like the degree I do with most other cameras. Jpegs are so good they are hard to beat with raw files.

As for AF well it seemed okay to me at first and I found face detect very useful indoors in poor light. Then on another session the af was flaky. I think it can be prone to jumping to another area if you are not careful. Lack of evf does not help I guess. When using the screen you tend to not have the same stability and glare may obscure your view of the focus point.

I got mine 2nd hand (£280) so it's great value for my purposes. I find the lens decent and the image quality can rival much more expensive cameras. Snapshot makes shooting street a piece of cake in good light. Not so good indoors or in poor light though.

norman shearer's gear list:norman shearer's gear list
Samsung EX2F Nikon Coolpix A Sony RX1R Fujifilm X30 Sony RX100 IV +8 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow