RX10 IV BIF update

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
Geekapoo
OP Geekapoo Senior Member • Posts: 2,015
Re: Some additional BIF pics taken today and yesterday

AlwynS wrote:

The first image (Roseate Spoonbills?) is gorgeous! Some of the others were (surprisingly I thought!) a touch soft. The second image, while sharp, shows (again surprisingly!) more noise in the water than I am used to with the RX10 IV. In looking at the EXIF info I was wondering whether sticking to F4 and reducing the ISO to no more than 200 in this good light, even if it would have meant a bit of a reduction in shutter speed, might not have been a good idea?

In any event: well done!!

Peeping at it just now, I see what you mean about the water noise (though it looks quite nice if you don't peep). I probably should have stopped down more. To be honest with you, the shoot that day was kind of crazy. I was not paying very close attention to the RX10 IV as I was taking the opportunity (birds!) to see what my Fuji X-T3 could do. If 300mm (FF equiv) was not enough reach for a shot, I'd defer to the RX10 IV, sometimes having to briefly wait as it woke up after sleep mode. If interested, some Roseate Spoonbills taken within minutes of the RX10 shots can be found here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/154538030@N02/albums/72157707489214845

BIF photography is much fun but pretty challenging when using 2 cameras with different UI, one of which I was actively trying to sorting out settings for.  I have been able to bump up the % keeper rate for the Fuji X-T3 considerably in the past 10 days. The RX10 IV does overall have better AF-C tracking..

Geekapoo's gear list:Geekapoo's gear list
Sony RX100 Fujifilm X-Pro2 Fujifilm XF 16mm F1.4 R WR Sony RX10 IV Fujifilm X-T3 +9 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow