Fuji 16mm 2.8 vs 18-55mm 2.8 at its widest

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
Cossio Forum Member • Posts: 70
Re: Fuji 16mm 2.8 vs 18-55mm 2.8 at its widest

Ive had my 16mm F2.8 for a few days now on an XT2 body. I also own the 18-55 and a 35mF2 lens. I also own a X100F (23mm F2). I do plenty of traveling with wife and kids and I have to say that for a combo as of now I find that the X100F suits me a bit more because of size / power and the 23mF2 does force you to be a better photographer in the sense that you need to use your feet more often. It also helps because I find it more convenient to just carry that 1 unit.

Now if your travel has a purpose for photography and not really with kids chasing them around then I would consider my XT2. I’m really enjoying the 16mm F2.8. Its dam sharp even at 2.8 center. For portraits at very close distances not the best because of how it looks but at few feet away things look perfectly fine. It’s lighter than my 18-55

I would feel comfortable carrying just my XT2 with 16mm and my 35mm in pocket or small sling bag. Most of the time with family on vacations I just want to run and gun.

if you are seriously going to have time to think and frame shots and whip out tripod then take everything but most of the time you really don’t need everything. Just depends the type of shooting you want to accomplish.

hope this helps

Cossio's gear list:Cossio's gear list
Fujifilm X100F Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 35mm F2 R WR +2 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow