Upgrading from my RX10 IV

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
Jim Worthington
Jim Worthington Regular Member • Posts: 156
Re: Upgrading from my RX10 IV

I agree with the consensus that you would be happier adding a larger sensor camera and len(ses) for the cases the RX10 IV doesn't cover well. For me, the A7 III and 85mm f/1.8 did the trick. I wanted to cover low light, indoor portraits, and shallow DOF (mostly for portraits).

I think you will find the all-in-one FF zooms that go to 200mm or more are a lot heavier than your RX10, and probably not as sharp. If you want to own just one camera and lens that covers 24-200 FF equivalent, I suggest the Olympus E-M1 II and 12-100 f/4 (24-200 equivalent). I had that combination for a couple of years. It has about a one stop or two low light advantage over the RX10 IV, is roughly the same size / weight, and is very sharp. However, the CAF tracking on the RX10 IV is better.

If you are satisfied with the lenses choices of the Fujifilm XT-3, that could be a good choice, too.

-- hide signature --

Jim

Jim Worthington's gear list:Jim Worthington's gear list
Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 75mm F1.8 Sony RX10 IV Olympus E-M1 II Canon Pixma Pro-100
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow