Need a Bootable XP SP3 CD for Dell Dimension 4300

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Vernon D Rainwater Forum Pro • Posts: 13,909
Need a Bootable XP SP3 CD for Dell Dimension 4300

Is there any way to create a bootable XP SP3 CD from subject Computer which is now running with XP SP3. I don't want to do a complete new install especially since I have Macrium image files for when using SP2 and now after updating to use SP3.

I have the original XP Windows CD (with SP2, I assume). However, it would not boot from this CD to try to run a Repair.

I need to perform a Repair since there is evidently a problem that does not allow MS Outlook (very early version) Email Program to Send and Receive. Internet access using Firefox works correct.

Of course, all operations with this old computer is VERY S L O W -- but need for it to be operational for Email and Internet usage as needed. This of course is not my "primary usage Computer".

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Edit to add:

I have another Windows XP SP3 CD (different licensing) for which I tried to Boot from it and did not work -- with Message wrong CD (not exact message).  Probably due to having a different Serial Numbers.

-- hide signature --

Vernon...

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow