"Photographables" - a question of... linguistic nature...

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Fotowentura
Fotowentura New Member • Posts: 21
"Photographables" - a question of... linguistic nature...

Hi there,

"All things are photographable", as Garry Winogrand stated.

Now, bear with me. I've been using a somewhat similar "credo" of my own "Photographables are everywhere" for a while now, by which I mean you can find "photographical" beauty in pretty much everything, anywhere.

Having studied English philology I'm educated well enough (language-wise, at least) to know that "photographable" is an adjective and does not officially function as a noun. I do know, however, that English - one of the reasons to love it - allows for some flexibility and accepts unorthodox uses of nouns as verbs, adjectives as nouns, etc.

Having said that and being a non-native speaker of English, I just need to consult you, my kind fellow photography enthusiasts, preferably native speakers of English, and ask you this simple question - does "photographables are everywhere" sound acceptable and - more or less - understandable (given context, of course) to you? Deliberate grammar incorrectness aside, that is. Does it make sense?

PS. Apologies, I know it's not really a photography question but opinions from photographers will be of more use to me than from linguists.

-- hide signature --

Daniel

Fotowentura's gear list:Fotowentura's gear list
Nikon D500 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm F1.8G Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D Nikon AF Nikkor 85mm f/1.8D Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 105mm F2.8G IF-ED VR +4 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
tko
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow