Help needed – Canon Pro-1000 colours issue

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
BorisGil Junior Member • Posts: 42
Help needed – Canon Pro-1000 colours issue

Good day,

I've encountered a colour issue with my Pro-1000 which I'm unable to resolve. Would very much appreciate your help.

I started printing today after a long hiatus, and the very first print I made had the colours quite a bit off – there was a strong green cast, colours were generally unsaturated, and it was darker than the (recently calibrated) monitor. I'm printing on Baryta Prestige, so I re-downloaded the Canson profile, in case the file become corrupt somehow, and printed the colour test image from here – http://www.northlight-images.co.uk/file-download-page-photography/

I had an older test print, and comparing the two showed the same thing – today's print had a green cast, pale, unsaturated colours, lowered contrast. I printed a nozzle check pattern, but it was absolutely fine. The printer firmware is also recent.

My only remaining suspect is that a few of the ink tanks show a low ink warning. However, I printed with those warnings in the past (preferring to replace the tanks when they're actually empty rather than just low), and didn't have a similar problem.

Any thoughts what the issue might be?

Thanks in advance!

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow