Generalised AF-C ?

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
tokumeino Senior Member • Posts: 2,165
Generalised AF-C ?

Since my early days in photography, unless I know that I'll shoot action in burst mode, I shoot in AF-S most of the time. It sometimes fails because of subject movements, as it typically happens in portraiture with small DOF. But overall, it's OK and I'm used to do that way since a long time.

So I did never care that much about AF-C, which in my experience always used to produce more anoyances than the AF-S issue above. However, I miss a tilt screen on my XE3 and unlike the XT20, the new XT30 gains a joystick. So I have to say that I'm tempted and I've watched several XT30 videos. Many of them actually focus on AF-C and tracking. And I have to say that I'm impressed (by Sony as well, it's not only a Fuji thing).

Do you think that tech has reached a point where AF-C is now so fast and reliable that even for people like me (who long term used to primarilly use AF-S), using AF-C by default becomes an option, with MF as the most used alternative, and AF-S becoming only used for very specific tasks ?

tokumeino's gear list:tokumeino's gear list
Fujifilm X-T30 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 27mm F2.8 Canon G7 X II +6 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Fujifilm X-T20
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow