Sony Alpha A99 mk ii - thick line on shots when using in vertical (portrait) mode

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
raj80 New Member • Posts: 1
Sony Alpha A99 mk ii - thick line on shots when using in vertical (portrait) mode

Hi all - I recently bought a Sony A99 II DSLR camera and a Tamron 28-300mm lens and took it on a trip. When I turn the camera 90 degrees into portrait angle (vertical mode) to take a shot, the photo comes out with a strange thick line through it. Attaching a photo sample for reference - notice the rather large and thick line/arc to the left of the image in the first one and the horizontal thick arc on the second one. Not sure if this is because of lens incompatibility or something else. The line shows up on the image every time I turn the camera 90 degrees to take a portrait mode shot and on very few occasions in the landscape (horizontal) mode, as well. It's not an issue with dust on the sensor because I just got the camera sensor cleaned before the trip and there are no spots etc on the image. The line usually shows up when I'm shooting in manual mode. If I switch to Auto, the issue goes away. A bit stumped by what is causing this line. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

thick line/arc on the left of the shot

thick line/arc right in the bottom half of the picture

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Sony a99 II Sony Alpha a99
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow