EOS R - Sample Images (Take III)…

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
PMUK
PMUK Regular Member • Posts: 351
EOS R - Sample Images (Take III)…

Hi,

A few images from the third outing of my EOS R - this time with my EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6L IS USM lens (I had envisaged this would be the last of the work-up sets I upload, but I’ll now be sharing a few more low-light shots from the weekend - once processed - after some useful tips on the forum). The venue was our local zoo - Twycross Zoo, Leicestershire, England. This was chosen as: (a) it offers a nice mix of fun exhibits - sedentary/ posed, erratically moving, or growling; and (b) they do tasty steak pie (or fried fish if you prefer) and chips in the cafe.

The EOS R (and lens) handled well and my control customisations generally worked okay - but I really must learn to control my nose (or keep an eye on touch and drag outcomes, or both). Once again, I shot raw and edited the raw files in Lightroom (Classic CC). I really enjoy using the EOS R, it's not perfect (nor am I - by a very long way), but I am finding it great fun.

As ever with a zoo visit, the outcomes rely on the behaviour of the animals and in having the correct camera settings at the right moment - and, as is usual for me and zoos, it was clear I only have a (very tentative) grip on one of these. Any comments/ tips are welcome…

Phil

PMUK's gear list:PMUK's gear list
Canon G7 X II Sony RX10 IV Canon EOS 70D Canon EOS R Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM +5 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow