RX10 IV BIF update

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Geekapoo
OP Geekapoo Senior Member • Posts: 1,988
Re: RX10 IV BIF update

LynnObie wrote:

Geekapoo wrote:

One more pic...not really BIF (at least not intentional). A kingfisher with some ibis in the background. Again, the Grissom Wetlands in Melbourne, FL.

I really like this photo! Have you considered a slightly tighter crop to eliminate the 3rd oof bird and a bit off the top? Just thinking it might be even better.... to my eye. Thanks for sharing your work!

Much thanks for the comment about the picture. There was definitely some luck involved, having glossy ibis in the background. I also liked that the ibis are OOF, as they look leviathan-like in the sky. I do like the balance with the kingfisher/tree stump on one side and the partial ibis flock (I cropped some) on the other side of the image in the background. I also like the two wing down/one wing up positioning for the ibis.

All of this of course is quite subjective. I agree that it could have been cropped differently and some folks would have liked the other version more. Florida is a real treat for BIF photographers. Cheers.

Geekapoo's gear list:Geekapoo's gear list
Sony RX100 Fujifilm X-Pro2 Fujifilm XF 16mm F1.4 R WR Sony RX10 IV Fujifilm X-T3 +9 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow