Extra Chromatic intense UV and IR color bleed?

Started 4 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
SmoothOperator Regular Member • Posts: 260
Extra Chromatic intense UV and IR color bleed?

I am wondering about extra chromatic colors, and if they interfere with image quality.  First lets unpack extra chromatic.  I'm referring to wavelengths outside the proverbial visible spectrum, near IR and near UV.  Do lens deal with these colors gracefully?  I've noticed in certain situations that I get aberrant blues or reds.  For example when shooting on a bright overcast day.  I've noticed I get unusual amounts of deep blue artifacts, even with a regular 1x filter.  I think what is happening is that clouds aren't all that good at blocking UV the intense UV light is leaking through the filter then getting completely distorted by the lens.  On the other end of the spectrum, I've noticed excessive amounts of red bleed for example when shooting into a sunset.  Putatively there would be lots of intense infrared, and while the lens corrects for red not so much for infrared, which is picked up at large intensities, by the red sensors.

Has anyone else noticed these types of extra-chromatic artifacts?

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow