X-T30 Any Comments or User Experiences Pro or Con?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
PaulR Contributing Member • Posts: 741
X-T30 Any Comments or User Experiences Pro or Con?

I've been surprised by few posts there are on the Fuji X-T30. I bought mine on a bit of a whim after deciding I wanted a smaller system to supplement my Sony A7RII. Camera and lenses came on Thursday and I've been busy trying to learn how best to use it. So far I like it quite a bit. Obviously, a small camera and very different haptics from the larger full frame A7RII but I was tired of schlepping around 4+ pounds of gear whenever I wanted to go walk about and do some casual shooting.

My biggest positive surprise was how well focus bracket worked. It has always bothered me that Sony didn't offer this feature.

Biggest negative is the location of the Q button which I seem to hit all the time. Is there any way to just disable this?

My biggest question/uncertainty is what are the best focus modes to use. Also, I'm still trying to figure out if Face Detection Auto Focus over-rides any other AF mode/zone/point that you set. Anybody know?

And one tip is that right now you can buy the 27mm f2.8, 18-55mm f2.8-4, and 50-230mm lenses new on eBay or from Hong Kong vendors like TobyDeals or www.eglobalcentral.com for less than 50% of US prices.

PaulR's gear list:PaulR's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-7 Nikon D600 Sony a7R Sigma 30mm F2.8 EX DN Sigma 19mm F2.8 EX DN +4 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow