lightroom displays ORF & Tif files differently?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
mfinley Senior Member • Posts: 1,753
lightroom displays ORF & Tif files differently?

Just noticed a weird effect, I opened a raw file into photoshop from lightroom classic CC, made a few local changes to one area and resaved it back into lightroom as a Tif file.

On my monitor screen in lightroom viewing both files at in the development window under FIT the screen size settings flipping back and forth between them they are very different in regard to the points of light (glowworms) on the walls, in the Tif file they are noticeably less bright and some of the originally duller ones disappear all together. I thought what the hell, photoshop changed the file dramatically on it's own.

Then I went to 1:1 view and flipped back and forth between the original and the new Tif file and they look identical. I went to Library mode and used the compare mode to view them side by side at 1:1 and they are identical. Go back to Fit screen size and the Tif file shows noticeably less glow worms and all are less intense.

Adding to the strangeness If I flip back and forth between the two files in Library mode they are identical under the Fit the screen setting.

This is the original file just for reference to what I'm talking about:

Here are screen shots of viewing the raw file and the tiff file at Fit the screen mode, you should be able to see the difference in the glowworms

Here they are in Library mode using comparison mode and blowing them up 1:1 where they look about identical in regard to the glowworms.

What say you gurus, this is just weird. There is I guess no harm done as it appears the files are actually identical enough but it's weird how they display in lightroom in development mode.

-- hide signature --
 mfinley's gear list:mfinley's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M10 II Olympus 7-14mm F2.8 Pro Olympus M.Zuiko 300mm F4 IS Pro Olympus 12-100mm F4.0
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow