Forced to get a new Sony Alpha... stay the same, upgrade or wait?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
shooters_shoot New Member • Posts: 4
Forced to get a new Sony Alpha... stay the same, upgrade or wait?

I'll get right to the point. I have to replace my a6300 because it got salt water in the camera from ocean spray and am considering how to move forward (I know it's not waterproof - thought I was being careful enough - lesson learned) . I've enjoyed the a6300 as my first camera and would've been fine sticking with it for another year or so as my everyday/travel camera. But now that I have to start fresh with a new camera body, I'm considering all of my options.

I already have 4 E-mount lenses, so I don't plan on switching brands or upgrading to full frame. But I could get the a6300 again ($750), upgrade to the new a6400 ($900) or a6500 ($1100). OR with the recent conversation from Sony execs about expanding their APS-C line, would you wait until the newest camera drops before investing in the Alpha line again?

My pride is telling me to upgrade to a6400 or a6500 so I feel less bad about having to spend more money on the same camera, ha! So instead I'm seeking some advice.

For those who have used one or more of these cameras - any insight here? Would you change which model you purchased if you had to do it all over?

Thanks for giving this a read and thanks in advance for any insight.

Sony a6300 Sony a6400 Sony a6500
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow