Wildlife from Green Cay and Wako wetlands

Started 4 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
snapa
snapa Senior Member • Posts: 3,751
Wildlife from Green Cay and Wako wetlands

I went out to Green Cay and Wakodahatchee wetlands with Justin yesterday to take a few pictures. It was a perfect day, 75 degrees, very sunny with a nice cool breeze. It was almost too sunny because at times, the wildlife was in harsh light conditions.

I'm only going to post 14 pictures because I try to abide by the DPR rules, and I'm running out of room in my gallery for this month. I guess I've been posting too many pictures this month.

Even though I did not stay until the BIF started going crazy during the last hour of sunlight, I think it shows the kind of variety that can be had even during the middle of the day.

The Painted Bunting are always in the shade and pretty far away :/

A purple gallinule , they are always moving and pretty hard to catch in the open.

A swamphen eating roots as the always do

A Sapsuckers wood pecker sucking sap.

An American Bittern looking for food, pretty sharp in good light.

I think it is a whistling duck (I think) resting in the shade.

A yellow-crowned night heron (I think) sleeping in the shade as they usually do during the day.

A Great Blue heron just hanging out.

A Wood Stork chilling out in the sun.

A Stilt bird of some kind looking for food.

Another one

A glossy Ibis (I think) on a nest.

A big gator getting a sun tan.

A duck sleeping on one leg.

I put the 30 keepers in my Smugmug gallery in case you would like to check out the rest of my pictures from yesterday. There are racoons, rabbits, a few more gators, turtles and other types of birds that I am not including in my opening thread.

As usuall, any comments or questions are welcome.

-- hide signature --

Life is short, so make the best of it while you can!
http://grob.smugmug.com/
https://grob.smugmug.com/Wildlife-Pictures/

snapa's gear list:snapa's gear list
NEX-5T Sony a6300 Sony E 55-210mm F4.5-6.3 OSS Sigma 30mm F2.8 EX DN Sony E 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 PZ OSS +4 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow