The Wait and Choice Makes Me A Happy A99II User

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
LintonsPhotos
LintonsPhotos New Member • Posts: 3
The Wait and Choice Makes Me A Happy A99II User

I've wanted this camera since before it eventually came on sale, and like everyone else I saw the basic reviews, I read the specs, I saw Various write ups etc - But!..... I wanted to make my own mind up (also I couldn't afford it at the time anyway). fast forward to 2019 and after finally getting the funds together there was another possible contender - The A9 appeared and threw my mind into turmoil, do I go E-Mount with an A-Mount adaptor or stick with my original choice - The A99II!?. Only one way to find out. I Went to the one shop in London that had both in stock (I made the guy on the phone double check or I'd be livid if one or the other wasn't in stock), as soon as I picked up the A9 I immediately put it down - it was far to light imo. I didn't and don't care that it had the newest tech and the newest lenses, where as the A99II felt perfect, it was weighty, it just about fits my big ole hands and adding the vertical grip made it absolutely perfect. For me this was the perfect upgrade from my battered but still working A900. I've now had the A99II for just over a week and the images are are perfect - even with my old Minolta lenses. 4K video on this is beautiful too. The Perfect purchase. I also managed to purchase my most wanted lens to replace my minolta 17-35mm. The Sony 16-50mm F2.8 SSM Zoom Lens. Me Very Happy

LintonsPhotos's gear list:LintonsPhotos's gear list
Konica Minolta Maxxum 7D Sony Alpha DSLR-A900 Sony a99 II +5 more
Sony a99 II Sony DT 16-50mm F2.8 SSM
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow