OMD Mark II: Unfortunate problem with deleting images...

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
joes49 New Member • Posts: 4
OMD Mark II: Unfortunate problem with deleting images...

I just obtained a new OMD EM1 Mark II from B&H 3 days ago. I had the mark I for 5 years and have been pleased with it. Very familiar with the menu system.

Shot maybe 3 dozen images two days ago. I went to review them like I've always done using the blue right arrow, and deleted a few using via the red trashcan button.

All images deleted. No, I didn't scroll through to "delete all".

I then took several more, and reviewed. I deleted one, the rest were there. Deleted another, the rest were there. OK, yet:  hmmmm...?

Then, I went on a hike and and shot perhaps two dozen images. Got home, went to review, and deleted the first image from the hike. ALL the images from the hike were deleted. The images taken previously were still on the card. Now I'm freaked out.

Placed the card into the card reader on my Mac, and opened the file on the desktop. there are the images taken prior to the hike. No images from the missing batch taken on the hike.

Removed the card from the reader, placed it back into the Mark II, and voila!, NO IMAGES indicated on the display screen, and just the usual dotted rectangle indicating no images to review.

So... a camera defect, or SD card? (the card is brand new SanDisk extreme pro 64 gb XC II.

Dragged the images from the desktop onto an older SanDisk 64gb XC I card, placed it into slot 2, and:  NO IMAGES.

Called B&H, got an RMA, and sending the camera back on Monday.

Constructive thoughts??

Olympus E-M1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow