Beware of Landscape Pro activation bugs

Started 4 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
calson Veteran Member • Posts: 9,559
Beware of Landscape Pro activation bugs

I bought Landscape Pro and then saw that only with the more expensive Studio version could TIFF files be 16-bit and so paid for an upgrade. The upgrade failed to accept the token I was provided and when I tried to uninstall it and install the Standard version the prior token was no longer valid. Tried to create a support ticket with the company, Anthropics Technology Ltd. and they require a token which mine were being rejected so the only way to contact their support people was to leave a voicemail with the company.

I have dealt with a great many software companies over the past 35 years and I cannot remember anything as onerous as the one that the people at Anthropics Technology Ltd., managed to dream up and implement for their "customers".

They are trying to minimize customer contact with their gate keeper functions instead of focusing on fixing badly designed activation and update processes. One would think you were dealing with the CIA or DOD and "national security" concerns.

-- hide signature --

Of all the preposterous assumptions of humanity over humanity, nothing exceeds most of the criticisms made on the habits of the poor by the well-housed, well-warmed, and well-fed. -- Herman Melville

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow