Any chance Nikon will improve magnified view latency with upcoming firmware?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Jonathan F/2 Senior Member • Posts: 1,191
Any chance Nikon will improve magnified view latency with upcoming firmware?

I was wondering if there's any chance Nikon will improve magnified view latency with upcoming firmware? Perhaps someone who's tried the beta the firmware with the upcoming Eye-AF have any insights?

I was all set to jump into the Z6, but after using the magnified view for manual shooting I was a bit turned off and have decided to wait until after the firmware is released. Compared to Sony and Olympus M43 bodies I've used, magnified view has always been smooth in operation, so I was bit a surprised the Z6 was a bit choppy when zoomed in.

I have over a dozen manual Nikkors, M-mount lenses and Russian M42 glass I'd love to use on the Z. I also have the Techart Pro adapter from my Sony bodies just waiting to be used once the Shoten/Techart E to Z AF adapter is released. The Z6 literally checks all my boxes since I'm still primarily a Nikon DSLR shooter with lots of excellent AF glass. I also love manual lenses and I'd hate for Nikon to just ignore this minor aspect. What's even more funny, all the aspects people complained about on the internet regarding AF, C-AF blackout, etc. didn't bother me at all. In real world use, it's on par to Sony at least compared to the A7/R III bodies.

Jonathan F/2's gear list:Jonathan F/2's gear list
Nikon 1 V1 Nikon D750 Nikon 1 J5 Sony a7 III Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II +13 more
Nikon Z6
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow