Another gear discussion... X100F or 18/27 lens for my XH1

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
RivkiLocker
RivkiLocker Contributing Member • Posts: 673
Another gear discussion... X100F or 18/27 lens for my XH1

I know this has been discussed before but I'm looking for fresh, personal discussion. I have the XH1, 16-55, and the 14, 35f1.4 and 56mm primes. (Also have the 90 but will be selling it soon.) I sold the XE3 and 27mm pancake to fund a recent GFX purchase and now find myself missing a lightweight option for travel. I'm considering either the X100F or just adding an 18 or 27mm lens to my XH1 kit. (Neither are weather resistant which is a bummer but I can't find any WR options.) I like the concept of an X100F - everything I need in one small package, and also like to have a backup to my XH1. OTOH I also like the idea of saving some money and maximizing the value out of my XH1. Plus I do love the XH1 ergonomics and there is something comfortable about not switching bodies - I know the XH1 like the back of my hand, why learn a different camera?

Anyone care to weigh in on which would be more satisfying and produce better results? Frankly I didn't get on very well with the 27mm lens when I owned it - I hated the 'noise' it made when it focused, and found it slow, much slower than my 35f1.4 even.

Would love your thoughts and insights.

Also, if there is another less expensive option, I'd love to hear about it. I've ruled out the X70 because it doesn't have an optical viewfinder which is a show stopper for me. But, i'm open to other ideas. Thanks!!

RivkiLocker's gear list:RivkiLocker's gear list
Fujifilm X-H1 Fujifilm GFX 50R Fujifilm X-T30 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R +4 more
Fujifilm X100F
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
jrk
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow