Upgrading from a Sony RX10 IV

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
MattMatt1972 Regular Member • Posts: 114
Upgrading from a Sony RX10 IV

Hi guys,

first of all I want to say that I created a "double" thread in Sony Cyber-shot talk, because maybe some users just visit that forum and not this one.

I apologize to the users and to the moderators if this a problem.

I was thinking of upgrading from my Sony RX10 IV 1-inch 24-600mm equivalent.

I found it an excellent camera, that I use during my travels.

Its main limitation is low light photography (inside buildings, night streets, etc), otherwise it's really great.

I was thinking about a Sony Alpha 7 III and a zoom lens, like Sony SEL 24240, to cover most situations. I know that the 7 III is a superb camera that should be matched to great lenses, but when I travel I hate to have to change lenses so I want an all-around zoom.

I've read that the SEL 24240 is not very sharp, the Sony SEL 24105 G would be better optically but of course it stops at 105mm so I was wondering about some E-mount compatibile lenses from other manufactures, like Tamron 18-200 or others that I don't know.

I'm welcoming all suggestions as, if I'm really doing the jump, it's gonna be a big one and wouldn't like to be disappointed.

Thank you!

-- hide signature --

- M a t t e o
- S o n y R X 1 0 I V
-

Sony a7 III Sony RX10 IV Tamron 18-200mm F3.5-6.3 Di II VC
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow