What was your safari setup?

Started Feb 25, 2018 | Discussions thread
N4865G
N4865G Regular Member • Posts: 411
Re: What was your safari setup?

I am on the Sony now, but when I visited Masai Mara in September 2017 with my then primary set of Fuji X-T2 and 50-140 f2.8 plus 1.4 teleconverter (so call it 300mm equivalent in the full frame terms at the long end) it was more than enough.

So, in Sony terms you could even consider the light and portable 70-300 which is nice and sharp all the way to 300mm (of course not as much as the hefty 100-400).

I think with venues like this it is more the matter of having a clever guide who is able to get you close to action. We were blessed with our Masai guide who also happened to be the photography student at Nairobi University and he just had this perfect eye and skill to position the truck where those shots were possible.

On the Sony even with the 24MP bodies there is plenty of room to crop if needed unless you want to print street billboards... 

Some shots

Cheers

Dom

N4865G's gear list:N4865G's gear list
Sony a7 III Sony FE 28mm F2 Sony FE 70-300mm F4.5-5.6 G OSS Sony FE 85mm F1.8 Venus Laowa 15mm F2 FE Zero-D +2 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow