My Pentax shopping list APSC+FF

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Brentliris Veteran Member • Posts: 3,783
My Pentax shopping list APSC+FF

Being a long time pentax users I have a constant list of what I'll eventually be getting to fill out the holes in my setup

I'm quite busy with non photogrphy work which I am free to manage the time and days when I do it. So that leaves some opportunities within the week to get out and take images when shooting conditions are optimal. Seasonally most serious photo activity tends to be from april to october. Landscape, art, people, nightscape, botanical, product, event are areas that I have used alot of time on.

I want the lightest possible setup generally but there are types of photography where I need the heavier lenses. Art in confined spaces-- UW zoom, telephoto where architectural detail sit high up on buildings, picking out details out in the mountains or over distance on the flat lands. Isolating details in the garden etc.

My list of pentax gear I'd like to get in the coming years;

DA* 11-16

DA* 55 1.4 SDM

the newly promised standard telephoto upgraded to the DA* 16-50

KP or it's sucessor

K3 II succesor

K1 III and a couple of lenses when I need higher resolution and low light work. Can they make it lighter and more simple version I'd prefer that.

I'm interested in getting the GR III also but have a difficult choice between it  getting the DA* 11-18mm. As my serious seasonal period is starting up I'm gravitating towards the DA* 11-18 first..

Anyone interested in upgrading there Pentax setup in the coming years can come with imputs on what there plans are....

-- hide signature --

Reflections, understandings, discoveries and intimations..

Brentliris's gear list:Brentliris's gear list
Pentax K100D Super Ricoh GXR S10 24-72mm F2.5-4.4 VC Ricoh GXR Mount A12 Pentax K-3 II Pentax smc DA* 60-250mm F4.0 ED (IF) SDM +10 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow