World wide shipping for a lay flat book?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
clarnibass Senior Member • Posts: 2,089
World wide shipping for a lay flat book?

Hi

Through here and another forum I was able to find a few places which can make what I'm looking for: A lay flat book with silver halide printing (I'd really like to try it and see what it's like compared with digital).

Problem is almost none of them ship to me. These include Saal, Colorland, Adoramamix, BobBooks. The only place I found that does is ZNO which for some reason costs almost double than most other places and the pages are extremely thick, making the book very thick and heavy for the number of pages, so I'm a bit reluctant to order from them (but I might anyway).

What I need is a portrait shape, size about A4  or anything close like 28cm x 21cm, 25cm x 20cm still ok, etc.
So I'm looking for a decent place that can ship to me (I'm in Israel).

Alternatively, if I can't find a place, I'm considering making this "prototype" myself. Searching for "DIY lay flat book" or "homemade lay flat book" doesn't really find anything...
Anyone knows of good links and tutorials?

In stock lay flat books it seems like the print is just folded at the center. Maybe I just have to try it, but when I fold a print it doesn't fold that nicely... it sort of breaks/creases in a slightly uneven way. Unless the paper is very thin, but then how many times of opening and closing can it tolerate?
I haven't actually held a lay flat book, so maybe it is actually two prints and only a glued back is folded? Not sure how it can then fold but have no gap at all when open?

Any help will be appreciated

Thanks

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow