My first day with Fujifilm X-T30

Started 1 month ago | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
tomstall Junior Member • Posts: 27
My first day with Fujifilm X-T30

So, here is the short story: I dropped my X-T20 on a hard floor last month, Fuji wanted to charge me 500$ for repair. I said no and I better joined the line of people pre-ordering the new Fuji X-T30. Everything happens for a reason, I said I ordered the camera in package with the 23mm f2 - I am decided to improve my skills and what else would help me than keeping the prime on?

I received the package from BHphoto on Friday and spend whole Saturday with my new camera - cold, mostly cloudy day in capital city of Pennsylvania. My subjective feeling? I am impressed with the camera.

The handling is the same as with X-T20, but the joystick is such an improvement. I didnt miss the D-pad for a second. Yes, sometimes I accidentally bump some of the buttons (yes, the Q menu most often), but that is the deal with small cameras.

The performance is just great. Remember the lag when putting your eye towards viewfinder from X-T20? Now it's gone. It bothered me so much!

The autofocus is another story - story of success. The improved AF-C allowed me to track my son running towards me with 90% good shots - the face and eye recognition made huge leap from the last model. Impressive! Actually, I had AF-C selected for a lot of time, even for still shots of architecture. Worked great.

When editing the photos you can see attached to this review, I was very happy about the quality of the output. The dynamic range is great. I didnt do any objective test or measurements, but the noise performance seems slightly better than on X-T20.

Overall, super happy with the camera. I will keep the 23mm f2 on for a while. And hopefully I wont drop this one on floor any time soon.

Cheers!

Let me know if you have any questions

The shadows pulled just gently

The face / eye tracking works great

The lens rendering is lovely, great micro contrast

Shadows and contrast

Micro contrast again!

Great details

Fujifilm X-T30
26 megapixels • 3 screen • APS-C sensor
Announced: Feb 14, 2019
tomstall's score
Average community score
bad for good for
Kids / pets
excellent
Action / sports
good
Landscapes / scenery
great
Portraits
excellent
Low light (without flash)
good
Flash photography (social)
good
Studio / still life
great
= community average
Fujifilm X-T20 Fujifilm X-T30
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow