D850 HDR playback fail

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
hiro_pro
hiro_pro Regular Member • Posts: 292
D850 HDR playback fail

I upgraded from a D600 to a D850 a few months back and have been working through the settings. I have about a 1,000 shots so far without an issue until tonight. I was playing with the in camera jpeg HDR where the camera takes two shots and merges them. I thought it would be a fun setting for quick online posts. Tonight I was shooting sunset shots. I have the preview turned off so I don’t accidentally scroll through my shots when I’m trying to changes settings so I have to hit the playback button to review my shots. Tonight I hit the playback to check my settings and nothing happened. It pretty well killed the back monitor. I turn the camera on and off, I tried live view. Nothing worked.  Finally I toook the battery out and put it back in. That fixed it. It happened about three times over the night.

Is this a known bug?  Is it symptomatic of a bigger problem?  I love the camera and don’t want to send it back unless there is no choice.

Here is is an example of what I was aiming for.

hiro_pro's gear list:hiro_pro's gear list
Nikon D600 Tamron SP 24-70mm F2.8 Di VC USD Tamron SP 70-200mm F/2.8 Di VC USD Nikon AF Nikkor 35mm f/2D Nikon AF Micro-Nikkor 60mm f/2.8D +3 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Nikon D600 Nikon D850
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow