Shooting RAW+Jpeg with my X-S1

Started 1 month ago | Photos thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNext
Flat view
JC PM
JC PM Regular Member • Posts: 277
Shooting RAW+Jpeg with my X-S1

Hello

I normally shoot with my X-S1 using Raw+Jpeg and in Manual mode, setting ISO in AUTO 3200, with this I can play with right Shutter Speed and Aperture for the image I am taking.

Last week was very sunny so I decided to fix the ISO at 100 and was shooting in manual, when I walked back to enter my house, one of my dogs ran very fast towards me, so I just raised the camera and shoot without changing any setting and what I got was a beautiful and incredible black image.

When I downloaded the raw and jpeg files I started playing with ACR and raised exposure almost 3 stops and developed the RAW file and I was able to see my dog and the photo was in focus with a little motion blur and not that much of noise.

Since I started using ACR to develop the RAW files of the X-S1, I have learned that most of the times if you work your files in the right way, you can get really nice images that many times will be better than the original Jpegs.

Here the images

Original Jpeg

Jpeg after developing in ACR

-- hide signature --

Juan Carlos Prado M. (JC PM)

JC PM's gear list:JC PM's gear list
Fujifilm X-S1
Comment & critique:
Please provide me constructive critique and criticism.
Fujifilm X-S1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow