Gearing up for Greenland

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
David Hjortsberg
David Hjortsberg New Member • Posts: 19
Gearing up for Greenland

So basically I'm going to Greenland in late July for a couple of weeks to photograph, enjoy the incredible landscapes, and to visit my partner's relatives that she hasn't seen for more than thirty years. Some of them she has never met. Really exciting stuff and I want to document all of this in the best way possible.

There will be epic landscapes of course and wildlife such as whales and seals and we'll possibly join a reindeer hunting trip. Since it is a summer trip there will be sunlight both day and night so I'm not planning to shoot the northern lights unless they really show up that time of year.

I'm generally a prime guy but recently picked up the 50-140 zoom with the 1.4x TC and it's a great lens. Thinking about what I need to add to my bag for the summer and would really appreciate some advice from all of you, especially if you have been to Greenland.

Here is what I'm pondering at the moment. I'm not going to buy all of this but rather 1 or 2 items.

Should I:

• Get the 100-400 for wildlife?
  • Get the Samyang 12 F2 for landscapes?
  • Get the 10-24 F4 for landscapes?
  • Get 1 or 2 Godox AD200 and an octagon softbox for portraits?
  • Get a second body X-T2/X-T3/X-H1 to avoid switching lenses too much?
  • Get more batteries (I currently have 2)? 

I shoot with an X-T2 which I love. The lenses in my bag right now are the 16 F1.4, 23 F1.4, 35 F2, 56 F1.2, and the 50-140 F2.8.

David Hjortsberg's gear list:David Hjortsberg's gear list
Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm XF 23mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 56mm F1.2 R Fujifilm XF 50-140mm F2.8 Fujifilm XF 16mm F1.4 R WR +1 more
Fujifilm X-T2
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow