Should I downgrade from the Sony to the Fuji to upgrade?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
TallPhotoGuy New Member • Posts: 18
Should I downgrade from the Sony to the Fuji to upgrade?

Hey guys first of off this isn't click bate. I currently own a Sony A73, A6000, Samyung 35mm 1.4, Sony 50mm 1.8, Sony 85mm 1.8, and the Sony 28-70mm Kit Lens. My work has progressed to the point where I fill comfortable charging for my work. My equipment is the only problem my 35mm and 50mm hunt in less than optimum lighting situations. I planned  on upgrading my 35mm to a Zeiss 25mm ($500 upgrade) and Sony 50mm 1.8 to a Zeiss 55mm 1.8 ($550 upgrade). I would keep my 85mm and purchase the Sony 70mm-200mm F4 for about $1100 on the used market. That means I would have to spend another $2150 into the Sony ecosystem. Granted I love the camera, but even at that point I would have good glass but it wouldn't be weather sealed (Zeiss 25mm being the only one). My other option would be to sell my Sony equipment for about 3 grand. That would allow me to purchase a XH1 with 18-55mm, 23mm 1.2, 5.6mm 1.2 and 50-140 2.8. I would not have to come out of the pocket with any extra money. I would have a weather sealed complete system and that extra money could be used for lighting, soft boxes and promotion. I love Fujis form factor and colors, but I'm scared to leave a Full Frame system because of the low light situations I could come across shooting weddings and events.

My question is how waterproof is the Sony system with the lenses listed. How is the lowlight performance and AF on the Fuji

Sony a6000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow