empty card after shooting with RX10m3

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Phil999
Phil999 New Member • Posts: 8
empty card after shooting with RX10m3

the card is a Samsung EVO Plus 128GB micro with adapter. The card proved reliable since I bought it, for about a year.

Today I inserted the card into my computer, and there are no files to import! The card is empty, in the same state as yesterday. But today I recorded a couple of video clips. I mostly capture 4k video and 1000fps slow-motion, and some RAW images. The days and weeks before I inserted the card as usual, imported all files with the Sony PlayMemories application, with the option enabled to delete the card each time. So far without a single problem.

I'm pretty sure that I just have to format the card in camera, and it will function as before. But this one failure, which is actually the first failure since I got the camera, makes me nervous. Luckily the shooting today was not important, just random, casual footage, which can be re-captured easily. But what if ...

My question is, does this happen to you too? How often? Just once a year, or frequently? Is this the reason why more expensive cameras have two card slots or other means to capture video data to external storage?

Thank you in advance for your insight.

Phil999's gear list:Phil999's gear list
Sony RX10 III Apple iPhone 6s Plus Apple iPad Pro
Sony RX10 III
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow