Couldn't resist I upgraded to the S1R

Started 1 week ago | Discussions thread
OP ProDude Regular Member • Posts: 356
Oh well

got the news from a lender I was trying for a loan with to up to the S1R. Guess it's a no go. So I'll go back to the S1 non R and hope for the best. On occasion I do a 22x17 print on my Canon Pro-1000 printer. Hoping that the 24mp is capable of a righteous result at that size. I know that my current 20mp camera does superb no compromise 13x19's so surely it would be fine. I just figured that the 47mp would be great for landscapes. But perhaps the occasional larger sized image can be managed by the S1's high rez mode. Guess I won't find out till I try one. On the very positive side however I suspect the S1 standard will provide cleaner high ISO shooting. From all the links and views of shots taken in say the 12,800 range on both my assessment is for superb clean results the S1R tops out at ISO6400 where the S1 is completely happy at ISO12,800. At least the stop or more better to my eyes of low noise satisfaction. So perhaps this is a good situation in the end. The only thing that could spoil it is a bad call from my accountant who is finishing up my taxes and if he says I owe much I'm finished with the idea of a camera. If he says I don't owe much or nothing I'm good to go    here's to a good report I guess.

-- hide signature --

Name the gear and I've probably owned it and used it.

ProDude's gear list:ProDude's gear list
Sony RX10 IV +12 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
jrp
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow