Full-frame vs H crop

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Scottelly
Scottelly Forum Pro • Posts: 11,941
Full-frame vs H crop

Today I was looking at a photo from my "new" 24-135mm f2.8-4.5 lens, and I was considering whether that lens would be good on my SD Quattro H. I decided to crop the photo, and figured it would turn out to be about like the following, which shows the original, full-frame image, vs a 1.35x crop (approximately).

Full-frame

H crop

I do like that the blurred corners are mostly cropped out of the frame, but considering that the lens is 24mm at the wide end, but that an SA-mount version would be closer to 35mm equivalent at the wide end, after mounting on my SD Quattro H, I'm not sure if that's what I'd want. Certainly it would be the same view at the wide end that a 24-105mm f4 OS Art or a 24-70mm f2.8 OS Art would offer, so at least there's that. Anyway, I thought it might make a good comparison, since it applies to the upcoming full-frame camera, and shows what might be on offer by stepping up from the SD Quattro H size sensor to a full-frame sensor.

-- hide signature --

Scott Barton Kennelly
http://www.bigprintphotos.com

Scottelly's gear list:Scottelly's gear list
Sony SLT-A65 Sigma SD1 Merrill Nikon D810 Sigma sd Quattro H Sony DT 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 SAM +21 more
Sigma sd Quattro H
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow