ISO for dynamic range/ Mark IV?

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNext
Flat view
skillking043 New Member • Posts: 1
ISO for dynamic range/ Mark IV?

I am not new to DSLR's, I recently bought a 5D Mark IV, and I understand most things.

But one thing I don't understand is which ISO is the best ISO possible (for video) on Canon's like me.

I asked this question, because currently I use CineStyle for more room in post-production. But I want to upgrade to C-Log, I've read that you can get the best results for dynamic range with clog with ISO 400. I mostly shoot video at 100 (now in CineStyle)  (like I always learned that you mostly shoot at the lowest iso possible for the best picture quality). But now I read at the cinestyle site that the base iso is 160. So what is it now? 100 or 160 for my camera. I know how it works with push/pull in iso like 125 and 160. But I just can't get a clear answer for this on google. Can someone please explain to me the differences and best iso for shooting video with my camera, with CineStyle. And why it is that Canon Log needs 400 iso instead of 100?

I would be really thankful!

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow