This is odd. TZ200

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
nevada5
nevada5 Forum Pro • Posts: 12,920
This is odd. TZ200

I just received a TZ200 today.  An open-box from a reputable, well-known retailer.  The camera, box, and all the contents appear as new.

Everything about it seemed to work properly after I charged the battery and set up the basics - except one thing.  Shutter lag, which is beyond lag.  I half-press the shutter, get focus confirmation and then I fully press it.  Then I wait - usually about 3 seconds, but often as many as 7 seconds, and then the image is captured.  Out of about 50 shots, it captured properly (no apparent lag) about 5 times.  I change nothing and try the same shot again, and it's back to several seconds.

If, after a few seconds I remove my finger, no image is captured.  But every time, if I keep holding it, a picture will eventually be taken.  It's very weird.

Tried both raw and jpeg and raw +.  Tried mechanical shutter and auto.  Tried different modes - A, S, M, P, IA.  Did a camera reset twice.  All my shooting was done outside in bright sunlight.  FWIW, the images appear to be normal after downloaded.

I'm not trying to correct this, I'll be returning it.  But I'm wondering if any of you techies have an idea what can be going on to cause this.  I've never heard of this, so I'm very curious.

-- hide signature --

Stay thirsty, my friends.
I'll try to be nicer if you'll try to be smarter.
Despite the high cost of living it remains popular.

nevada5's gear list:nevada5's gear list
Sony RX100 II Canon PowerShot S120 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX85 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-42mm F3.5-5.6 II ASPH Mega OIS +4 more
Panasonic ZS200
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow