Z6 + Nikon 50mm 1.2

Started 4 weeks ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
eliehbk Senior Member • Posts: 1,301
Z6 + Nikon 50mm 1.2

Hi everyone,

I received yesterday a brand new Nikon 50mm 1.2 and a dumb adapter. Took it out today in NYC on my Z6 to test drive it. I was really scared that I paid more than the price of an S50mm 1.8 and that I would end up regretting my purchase. I have to admit that getting used to the extremely shallow DOF at 1.2 was challenging, still have a lot to get used to, however, I am so happy I opted for this lens, while I am sure that optically it’s not anywhere near the new Z mount 50mm, but the fun factor and the artistic factor is way up there. There’s something special about an old tank like this 50mm, that’s manual focus and that makes you take some time to think about each shot.

here are some quick snap shots of my walk around the neighborhood, any C&C is welcome.

eliehbk's gear list:eliehbk's gear list
Fujifilm X-Pro2 Nikon Z6 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 56mm F1.2 R +1 more
Nikon Coolpix S50 Nikon Z6
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow