Are you ready for the D9000 in 5 years?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
DesmondD
DesmondD Forum Member • Posts: 53
Are you ready for the D9000 in 5 years?

I have a week off work while a torn back muscles heals - so I sat down and went through previous dx models of Nikon cameras and worked out a formula for their new releases

Nikon's forced upgrade path

basically they give us a feature in a series that we get used to, then after a while they remove it and you have to go a step higher to get that feature. Like the D7000 series, the D7500 was half a step lower because it lost twin card slots, but the D500 was available if you still want that feature. [which is why I recommend stocking up on D7200 bodies because they are the last of their kind.]

I'm predicting that eventually the D7500 series will end when a lower "D6000" is released without the built in focus drive. At the same time the long awaited D300 replacement will be released as a semi-pro "D9000" for those prepared to pay a little more for twin card slots and built in AF drive.

The two main features they use seem to be a built in AF motor and twin card slots when they degrade a series.

DesmondD's gear list:DesmondD's gear list
Nikon D7200
Nikon D300 Nikon D500 Nikon D7000 Nikon D7200 Nikon D7500
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow